Saturday, April 13, 2019

George Bush Library

Whilst the older child was busy touring America's Finest University (aka Texas A&M), I was free to roam about the place. I soon found myself on the west side of campus at the George Bush Library.


Before going in, I found this statue of the man.


There is also this art piece celebrating the fall of the Berlin Wall.


I like horses so I took several pictures.


There were lots of interesting things in the library, but the lighting was not the best for photography. Here is the replica oval office.


In the back of the library is a pond that is very nicely landscaped.


To the left of the picture is the path to the President's grave site. He is buried there with his wife and first child.

Coming back from there is this quote on the rear of the building.

"Let future generations understand the burden and the blessings of freedom. Let them say we stood where duty required us to stand."


Overall, a very nice museum. Interesting artifacts from a full life.



No comments:

Post a Comment